Welcome to our FAQ's
Bio-Gems were first created by Bio Trimmings in 2012 after extensive research and development in identifying more ethical ways of creating fashion accessories. The result was a unique formula created that included discarded food extracts in combination with other bio ingredients resulting in a stunning looking new type of stone. We call these stones Bio-Gems.
The ingredients consist of the discarded part of food such as the peel of an orange or banana skin which creates a beautiful type of gem we call Bio-Gems since the materials used are eco-friendly and come from material that would otherwise be discarded in to a landfill.
We felt a strong need for a change in the fashion industry and its typical wasteful culture. We wanted to offer an alternative product that could prove fashion design could look stylish and be ethical using eco-friendly materials which would otherwise be discarded. We just felt like waking up one morning and changing the world, as you do.
Caring for your Bio-Gem
All Bio-Trimmings jewellery are handcrafted using sustainable materials that require some care instructions in order to maintain the high quality of your Bio-Gem jewellery. The metal we use is either sterling silver or up to 14ct gold- filled, where each Bio-Gem is individually set. As a result, special care is required. Please follow the advice below.
- Store your jewellery in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Avoid immersing your jewellery in water and remove jewellery before showering to avoid scratches to the Bio-Gem and/or damages to the metal.
- Polish your jewellery occasionally with a soft, dry cloth to maintain its original finish.
- Remove jewellery before swimming, and/or applying products (e.g. perfume, hairspray, soap, or lotion), as this could harm the metal and the finish of the Bio-Gem.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the Bio-Gem and/or metal.
Refunds & Exchanges
All of our designs come with a 1 year warranty as standard and will be repaired or remade if it cannot be repaired. If the item is delivered faulty then a full refund can be requested if we are notified within 14 days of item being delivered only.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for any other reason as each product is handmade to order and therefore unique to each person. Colours may vary slightly from the product images as no two products are identical.
We are unable to offer exchanges or refunds for sale items.