Caring for your Bio-Gem
All Bio-Trimmings jewellery are handcrafted using sustainable materials that require some care instructions in order to maintain the high quality of your Bio-Gem jewellery. The metal we use is either sterling silver or up to 14ct gold- filled, where each Bio-Gem is individually set. As a result, special care is required. Please follow the advice below.
- Store your jewellery in the original packaging or a soft pouch to avoid scratches.
- Avoid immersing your jewellery in water and remove jewellery before showering to avoid scratches to the Bio-Gem and/or damages to the metal.
- Polish your jewellery occasionally with a soft, dry cloth to maintain its original finish and if it contains sterling silver or gold-filled metal, polish with a clean, silver polish to maintain it’s shine.
- Remove jewellery before swimming, and/or applying products (e.g. perfume, hairspray, soap, or lotion), as this could harm the metal and the finish of the Bio-Gem.
- Avoid hard contact (i.e., knocking against objects) that can scratch or chip the Bio-Gem and/or metal.
We make special effort to use eco sterling silver in all our designs. Made from 100% recycled and scrap silver; it’s simply more environmentally-friendly as it means less impact on the metal mining industry and using what we already have.
We prefer using gold-filled metal over gold plated metal as gold-filled is a quality alternative to solid gold. Gold filled is an actual layer of gold-pressure bonded to another metal where gold-plated tends to tarnish over time. Our 14ct/12ct gold-filled products has a layer of gold bonded to a layer of brass base metal. It’s durable and better quality than gold-plated.